All about Information Security
M Sheppard & Co Ltd is committed to safeguarding the privacy of our customers while providing the highest possible quality of service. We only use the information that we collect about you lawfully, in accordance with the new GDPR guidelines which came into force on 25/05/2018 and will not pass on any customer information to third parties.
When do we collect information about you?
• We collect information about you when you place an order with us via email or telephone
• When you purchase a product in store or request a service from our workshop
• When you engage with us via email
• When you engage with us via social media
• If you have a trade, prepaid or workshop account with us.
• When you visit our store/workshop which usually have CCTV systems in operation for security of both customers and our colleagues. These systems may record your image during your visit.
What sort of personal information do we collect about you?
• If you have an account with us we collect: your name, billing address, orders and receipts, email and telephone number.
• Details of your interactions with us through email orders and in store
• Image may be recorded on CCTV when you visit either of our premises
• Your social media username, if you interact with us through those channels
How and why we use the information about you?
We collect information about you to process your order, manage your account, and respond to queries & returns. With your consent, we will use your data to send you emails about products and services we think may be of interest to you. Our ultimate objective is to give you the best possible experience with us.
The information we collect on you is only used by M Sheppard & Co Ltd and will not be passed on to any third party.
How long will we keep your personal data?
Whenever we collect or process your personal data, we will only keep it for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. For accounting purposes, data will be kept on file for the period legally required. For marketing purposes, data will be kept on file until you request otherwise.
What are your rights over your personal data?
You have the right to request:
Access to the personal data we hold about you
The correction of your personal data when incorrect
That we stop using your personal data when you withdraw consent
Access to your information and correction
Whenever you have given us consent to use your personal data, you have the right to change your mind at any time and withdraw that consent.
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please email us at email@example.com stating that you require a complete copy of all information held on you by M Sheppard & Co Ltd
How you can stop the use of your personal data for direct marketing?
To unsubscribe from our email database, please email firstname.lastname@example.org stating that you wish to unsubscribe.
Please note that you may continue to receive communications for a short period after your change of preferences while our systems are fully updated.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. This information is used to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity. You can set your browser not to accept cookies, there are websites that will explain how to remove cookies from your browser. However in a few cases some of our website features may not function as a result.